Monday, April 05, 2010

oh Life, why be so confusing?

So, my grandpa has a brain tumor. When I first heard, I was kinda grounded. My feet would not move if I wanted them to. It hit me like a wave, almost taking my breath away, and making me want to cry. I was going back and forth from I can't believe this is happening, to Oh, yah, my grandpa has a brain tumor.

It is most likely non-cancerous. They are fairly positive it is. It is about 2 inches big, and they are going to have surgery to get it out. They don't have a date yet, but probably with in the next month. It is very slow growing.

This whole thing has made me value life, and think more about time. I take for granted this house, my family. Someday, i am going to grow up, and get married. I won't live here forever. I won't forever be in "the house that built me." I was think about a specific memory I have. I was 6 or 7, and think about how I would be 14 in 7-8 years. In my brain, 14 was a completely different person. Mature, beautiful, talented, and knowing where she is, and what she is doing in the world. Boy did I have it wrong. I don't seem much different than when I was 6. Still me, still searching, and still wanting to be older. Sure, things have changed, but not that much.

Life is a blessing. Every breath is a gift. Don't waste it, don't take it for granted.







Have a great week everyone!


OH, and please pray for all my grandparents :)

7 comments:

Carlson Chronicler said...

Hmm. I know what you mean about what plans we have for ourselves and then we look back on them and laugh sadly. How little sanctification. How little maturity. But how thankful we can be that God has a perfect plan for our lives. That phrase has been cheapened, but its preciousness should be regained. "I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11


I'm praying for you and your grandparents.

All the love possible, Julie

Katie said...

It is so comforting. Recently, there was someone I really wanted to see at the Watt's church. I was expecting to see him at their Emmanuel Talent Night, but he ended up not coming. I was really really upset when I heard he wouldn't be there, but as the day passed on, I realized that God has a reason. I spent the whole day reminding myself to trust in God. It's so relieving, to know that your whole life is planned. Some times, I worry that everyone finds me annoying. There are some girl at my dance class who are "popular" I spend so much time trying to "fit in" with them. It took me 6 months to realize that all I was doing was being annoying, and why should I care what they think of me?

I miss you so much!! How is school going??
All my love,
Katie


p.s. you need to put up a new post soon

Sarah said...

Ah, yeah I know what you mean....ha I have very similar memories of when I was like 10 or 12 years old thinking of how insanely cool life will probably be when I'm 16. And now 16 has come and gone and 17 is here........ and life is far more complicated than it was then. What's funny is that I'm like the opposite of you in that way- you're wishing to be older while I sit back sometimes and wish I could just go back to being 14 or 15. Though for the most part I don't mind 17. Except that I really should be getting a job and I don't have one still...and all my friends are growing up too and getting jobs and/or going away to college.... I hate that... =/

I will definitely pray for your Grandpa! Let us know how he does.

Katie said...

I will!!! thanks for commenting!

Sarah said...

Ahh no problem, Katie :)

emily said...

Praying for your grandparents. You are growing into a very mature and thoughtful person. I give you fair warning, though, if you think the difference between 6 and 14 is surprisingly small, you'll be shocked by how often you'll feel 14 at the age of 20! At least I know I am.

Then again, there are always those moments when you look back and say, wow, God has brought me so far! I love those moments much more than the other ones. :-)

Katie said...

Time seems so small, yet so huge. I know that I have grown since I was six. I have had life changing events. But I still struggle with so much of the same things. I guess it's true. Some things never change :)