First I have the dream of acting, or singing. I love being on stage. It gives me such thrill. Some people have told me I have a stage presence. I can feel it sometimes. It almost makes my finger tips tingle. I want to be on a stage, and look out at blackness, and know that there is a crowd there, watching me perform. The one problem is I can't sing, and I have never tested my acting.
Second is writing. I have so many stories swimming around in my head. All kinds you can imagine. Fantasy, historical fiction, modern day, pirates, princess's, adventure. Everything. I imagine that they are like wisps of smoke, maybe green or purple smoke, all twirling around in my head. They come to me at random times. Sometimes in dreams, sometimes when I am reading, sometimes when I see something, hear someone say something. I am not sure how it happens, but they develop. They become a famous story. But it never happens. I never get it down on paper before the next story takes over.
I am inspired so easily. I am listening to the Titanic music right now. It makes me happy, and sad all at the same time. How can music express itself so well? It just makes my heart feel happy. Then heavy. Then about to burst.
I am really tired right now from a long babysitting job, so you will have to forgive my drama. :D
Music effects how I write so much. The song I am listening to right now, Take Her to Sea, Mr. Murdoch, from the titanic says so much to me. Hope, happiness, a challenge. When they set sail in the titanic, a lot of people wanted to prove the world wrong. They thought that God couldn't even stop them. God did. With a iceberg.
Well, I have nothing more to say. Have a great week everyone!!
6 comments:
You sound like me!! So many dreams and aspirations. I want to rush out and change the world, and then I feel trapped in where I am. Recently though, I've realized that often this feeling of being trapped is a sinful, discontent response. God has placed me just where He wants me, and without a doubt, I must serve Him right where I am. Nevertheless, this doen't preclude dreaming. Instead it liquidates it. If God has a plan for me, then be it big or small, it's wonderful.
Keeping dreaming!! Go out and change the world - one person at a time!
Love you.
I really like this post, K8-Y. :-) You remind me so much of myself at thirteen, it's amazing. Although I think you've got some things a little more straigtened out than I did!
I know exactly what you mean about music, too. I agree with Julie, keep on dreaming. :-)
Thanks!! I know that we should be content where we are, but who doesn't want a adventure?? I guess I just need to work on being content where I am . . . But I will keep on dreaming. Change the world one person at a time. If we all do that, how far will we get??
I think that you and I are a lot alike Emily.
I miss you Julie!!
I miss you too emily, just I get to see you a little more often ;)
Thanks for commenting! <3
Ah! I have a key necklace too! Except it doesn't say anything on it...lol actually its an antique skeleton key that used to go to the house that my mom grew up in. Its pretty cool =)
Oh so many dreams... When I was 11-13 I always dreamed of becoming a rock star. Of course that's never gonna happen, even though I do actually have an electric guitar now! But oh well. Its fun to dream about stuff though... if you can't do it in real life, the mind's eye can be pretty fun to toy with as long as you don't start getting totally dissatisfied with the life you really do live.
yah, and not be dissatisfied with my current situation is really important. . .
For sure. And that's always the hard part, too.
Post a Comment