Monday, April 06, 2009

Standing on the Rooftops

Have I mentioned how much I love sunshine? Today, the sunniest day yet, Nathan and I got mom to say we could go on the roof. We were hiding from the twins. It was amazing. The sun makes everything happy. I feel like jumping up and down, putting on my swim suit and run barefoot through the grass. I think I would get cold cause it is warm, but not THAT warm. While we were on the roof, our neighbor came outside with his friend. UH . ..  Nathan waved and them. They looked up and one of them said, "Nice spot." Then we heard Mr. Evans, the neighbor say, "Actually their homeschooled . .. "

I love the sun!!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Actually their homeschooled . .. "

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

That's totally what me and mine would do. Climb on the roof and get really weird looks from the neighbors. :D I LOVE climbing on the roof.

Katie said...

another roof climber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lets start a club

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh you know it! When I lived in Vancouver, we all climbed on the roof for the fourth of July and watched the neighborhoods for ten mile around lighting their fireworks. It was so cool! There were fireworks on every front, plus the big stuff the school lit up.

*sigh*

Anonymous said...

I think that was the best 4th of July we have had!!! Forget about spending hundreds of dollars on fireworks. Lets just climb the roof and watch our neighbors! "Can I throw one????" "Yeah, throw it at him!" HAHAHA!!! Remember that Lindy?

Oh, there was also one winter where the snow was deep enough to where we just slid off the roof into the piles. Great fun that was!!!

Katie said...

WOW!!!! Never had that much snow . . .

Anonymous said...

Haha Snow in Seattle is a baaaaad combination. They don't get snow very much, so when they do get it they don't know how to drive in it and the whole places panics and shuts down.

It's actually pretty funny. Vancouver and Portland did that a few years back. :D

Katie said...

lol

Dorothy said...

yeah it's totally true.
last winter my aunt in Coeur d'Alene had snow almost up to her roof. her dogs were climbing on the roof, and they were all sledding off of it, etc. pretty sweet but a real pain when your roof starts to cave in.

and in defense of Seattle, our snow is a lot wetter than most of the rest of the country...it just turns into ice so it is harder to drive in. most places have the dry snow that just blows around and doesn't really freeze.



and I love that Katie..."Actually they're homeschooled..." that made me laugh.

Anonymous said...

Blad be dab be dab be dooooo mmhmmmmmmmmmmmm................

emily said...

hahaha! I love rooftops. Some of my favorite memories took place on rooftops.