Monday, October 24, 2011

Jolly Joe, the Hillbilly Eskimo

Millions of fans are looking forward to the new book of poems written by Allison and Sarah Hammermaster. The release date is set for sometime around Christmas, but the fans wanted a preview.
 Jolly Joe
 (The Hillbilly Eskimo)

 Jolly Joe
 Lived in the snow
 In a cave
 Without a slave
 He did not play
 He worked all day
 He went on hikes
 riding bikes
 How could Joe
 be so slow
 When his feet
 were to the beat?
 He liked sheep
 to care and keep
 but not to eat
 with all his meat
 One day he said
 "My poem should end."
 So this is the end
 of my good old friend
 Jolly Joe.
 By, Sarah Hammermaster
 Edited/Illustrated by Katie Hammermaster
 Love by millions of fans and lambs around the world.

 Critics are raving about Jolly Joe, and are so excited for this book.

 Coming to Borders (hahahaha. There aren't any left!) near you Christmas 2011

7 comments:

Carlson Chronicler said...

A testimonial from one avid fan: The wit and jocularity joined with wholesome lessons such as love for domestic aniamls makes the poems by these two burgeoning poets masterpieces. Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor miles shall keep me from making sure I get my very own copy.

Karen Carlson said...

Your reading audience desires more samples of this wonderful poetry.

Anonymous said...

Can I just say "Ditto" to the other two comments? =)

Great job! Quite a poem!

I have got to get me more of these!

Elaina said...

Hahaha! Can I get an autograph?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

This isn't the noted musician and composer Sarah Hammermaster, is it? She writes poetry ALSO? My, my - one skilled young artisan!

Carlson Chronicler said...

I am intrigued by how all our personalities come out in each of our comments. LOL!