Monday, September 06, 2010

Summer 2010

This is LONG overdue, and I am sorry I haven't written sooner!

We had fun on our vacation! There were great beaches, and tall trees, and some terrific family time.

But I'm glad to be back. There's no place like home, right?

Wow, school starts tomorrow. I can't believe this summer went by so fast! Looking back, I think about the highlights.

1. The Carlsons coming out. OH man, It seems like yesterday that I was counting the days for when they would arrive. Now it is all past! But we still have some absolutely amazing memories; like carrying a log all the way from wildwood park to the Watts' house. And swimming, and laughing, and all those things that make it so special. All I can say, is it better not be three years till we see them again :)

2. Camp Hope!

I grew a lot during camp. Not up, but spiritually. I learned things I hadn't ever thought about. I had great time with friends. And went home in disbelief of how quickly it went. I had so much fun, and can not wait for next year!

3. Eric's Birthday. We went to a surprise birthday party for Eric's 16th. It was so much fun!!!!!!!!!!! One of my favorite groups of people, just hanging out, and being noisy, and having tons of fun. To me, it was sorta the end of summer.

4. Our family vacation. It was so much fun, and we had some great family time. Charging up for this year of craziness.

So, tomorrow school starts, and my Summer Vacation is officially over. But I am actually looking forward to this year. For school I am doing
Algebra 1-OK, this I am not so excited for :)
Chemistry-Not so bad. I'm gonna give it my best shot!
Literature through Movies-I get to watch a movie once every two weeks, and write about it! Mostly classic movies. I'm really excited!!
Literature Reading-kinda boring.
Northwest History-Yah, we'll see how that is.
All-American History- From the Civil War to the end of the Cold War, which is my favorite time in history!
Mom has this Old Testament Review that I am going to do, but I don't really think of that as school.
Spanish-I hope to actually be able to have a conversation by the end of this year.
Piano-yah yah yah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, what are you guys doing for school this year???
Have a great Labor Day!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

You too huh? I start school today as well. Actually I'm on my 30 min morning break typing this.

Glad you had a great summer though!! Camp Hope was amazing this year :-)

Carlson Chronicler said...

Happy First Week of School!! Your subjects do sound really exciting!

I'm glad your vacation was amazing. That's a great way to conclude the summer.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

What do you mean literature reading is "kinda boring"? That's one of the best subjects ever! :-) The movie literature sounds really interesting. I'll look forward to hearing about that.

I hope it isn't three years either till we see you all again.

Love you tons!