I'm at the Watts house, and just got out of the pool. I am coming down with a cold :P But, we are having so much fun. I would love to go into detail, but that would take hours. But we have had fun, doing crazy stuff, like carrying 37 foot trees, and making songs, and running around, and swimming, and having water fights. Julie and Sheryl leave tomorrow. I wish they could stay forever. But this whole month has been exuasting. I am always ready for change. But I wish that the Carlsons could stay forever. I have learned so much about myself so far this summer. I have learned more about my cousins. I have learned to let go, and let live. To help more.
Grandpa is still in the hospital. Mom has been really sad about it. If I cry, I want to cry in private. So I have cried a little, but mostly when I am alone. All us cousins prayed for Grandpa one day. Nathan prayed that dad would know its OK to cry. I think it is strange in some way, that we were all so suprised that Grandpa is sick. Everyone dies. Everyone gets old, and has troubles. You must all think I am heartless, the way I am talking about it. Really, I am not. It doesn't seem real to me I guess. We all are born, live life to the best we can. We do things, we accomplish little goals, and big goals. We live each day, appreciating the things in it. Little moments, small happinesses, and sadness. When you look at one week, or a month, it seems to much. Don't let the big picture overwhelm you. I wake up every morning. And live it. And my life will pass. And I might not change the world. But I will live it. Day by day, week by week, month by month, year by year. And I will die. I wonder what I will leave behind me. What my "legacy" will be.
Well, it's dinner time. So I gotta go.
well . . . .
Bye!!
-Katie
3 comments:
Sometimes, I wonder that too. When all that is left of me are footprints in the sand, to where will people be able to trace them? I pray that they may lead straight to my Savior.
It was a great month. It was months like the past four weeks that remind me that the "little" things are precious. I love you.
I love you too!
I can't believe it is all over!!!
Dang I haven't been on your blog in a bit here. Sounds like an awesome time with the Watts 'n everyone!
I'm sorry about your grandpa :( I know how ya feel though cause I had the same sort of "Whoa, unreal" thing going for me last spring when my grandma died and then this spring when my great-gma died. It never really has totally sunk in I don't think with either... perhaps cause I never saw them but once a year. But it still seems a little weird. hmm. But I'll definitely pray for your grandpa and you guys!
Looking forward to seeing you in two weeks, btw :-)
Post a Comment