So, on the way home from dance last night, I had this great story idea. This girl has a dream, and in the dream, she almost dies. Just before she dies, 10 images flash infront of her. Different people, different things she had done wrong. The next morning, she got up, and fixed them. Appologized to the people. ect. ect. I can just imagine the little description on the back of the book.
"Caroline Stuart had 10 things to finish. 10 things that if she died, would be left, hurting people, leaving them broken. After her dream that night, she had to go and finish them. Them all. Even the hard ones. Through a broken road of tears, friends, and people she has hurt, Caroline finds that love is beautiful, God is great, and friends are irreplacable."
Sounds great. I was really excited about this idea, thinking about it, putting real life examples into it. I was thinking about 10 things I would want to change. At first, I didn't think I would be able to find 10. But I was surprised as the kept adding up. And then, I realized I should do it. Do 10 really hard things. Apologize to people I have wronged, fix things.
As we kept driving, I realized the first one I should do. The most important one. OH man. This is gonna be hard. The first one, is God.
Thing One:
I say I am saved. But I don't really act that way. I am such a sinner! That moment, in the car, I fixed my eye on a star, and prayed. I didn't plead with God to save me. I just said that I wanted to do God's will, and I wanted to live as a christian. Help me Lord. Without you, I can do nothing. I can't just say, "OK, one hard thing done." I have to keep going. You guys, pray for me. I have ALWAYS wanted to be a christian. But today it dawned on me. I can't just WAIT for my "christan-ness" to suddenly grow, and bloom out of me. I have to pray, and actually try. Sweat and tears. "Lord God, please help me to grow in you, put inside me a eager desire to love you, to worship you, and to obey me. I have knocked on the door. Please, open it."
I'm thinking of these 10 hard things. I am cringing already, at how hard this is going to be. It isn't 10 hard things. It is 10 really really really really really really really really really really really hard things. I know, that with God as my strength, I can do it. The things might surprise you. They aren't all related to people.
Please pray for me. Pray that I will worship God, obey Him, be a shining light in the world, and be strong and true as I fix these 10 things, that to a normal person may look minor, but really, are things that I should have tried to fix a long time ago.
-Katie Claire
P.S. (I am NOT saying that I ONLY have 10 things I need to fix. I know I have many many many many more sins)
5 comments:
rock on, girlfriend. You're in my prayers! =)
"We conquer, not in any brilliant fashion; We conquer by continuing." George Matheson
Keep on running, and when you can't run, walk, and when you can't walk, crawl, but always press onward, crying to God every step along the way. "Casting your cares upon the Lord, for He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7
I love you and I'm praying for you, JLC
FYI: I check your blog almost daily, so although I don't mind the reminders on my blog, I will see your post anyway ;-)
OK. I just really wanted you to read this blog, so I thought I should say.
Thanks for your prayers!!
-KT
That is really neat Katie! Definitely should write that book/story.
And praying for you also :)
Really, this is a cool idea. You should write it. :-)
Post a Comment