Thursday, March 11, 2010

Amazing Grace, How sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me!

I am living in a bubble of happiness!

I went skiing on monday, and it was so fun! There is something completely breath taking about going down a pure white mountain, in stunning speeds, with your feet on two long sticks. Makes sense, doesn't it! ;)

Really, it was fun. Fearless. I felt fearless. Not really, because I was nervous and scared, but I was ready to give it my best shot. And you have to be fearless to a certain extent, when you push yourself off the very tip of the hill. I went to bed feeling like I was skiing.

More of my joy has to do with one of my absolute best friends. Her name is Winsome, and she goes to my church. I've known her for ever, and her b-day is two months before mine. Last sunday we were talking, and she said she had been saved! We talked for a long time, and I went to bed so happy. She has been sending me sermons, and we have been talking a lot. It is so happy.

Then, last night MJ came into our room rather late, and said we needed to talk. We talked about everything. We had a good long discussion about salvation, and I told her I was saved. We were both really happy. I never really have told anyone before, that I am saved, but I guess I should start. I don't have a date, or specific time. I have just been learning a lot, and growing in the past year.

I haven't told Mom and Dad yet, and I know I should. Just, how do I start that conversation???????




Then MJ and I went on to talk about boys, and whether or not it is fine to email them, ect. ect. We only talked for like 30 minuets, but I know we will talk more. We haven't had a good discussion for so long, because she has been really busy, and both of us falling asleep quickly at night. (or at least she is falling asleep quickly ;) ) So, it was really good to talk. I miss both my sisters, they are busy, and gone a lot, but this is growing up, right?

Beth is in the middle of studying for Finals, and is a little grumpy :) But I can understand, and am giving her as much space as possible. I would love to talk to her though. It is hard to get used to having siblings in school, but I have gotten used to it, and when MJ goes next year, I will know better how to give them lots of space, and not bother them when they are doing school. It isn't like Beth is a sensitive time bomb, I just don't want to annoy her.

We have our Youth Group/bible study tonight, and I am really excited! I can't wait to learn more, and to have fellowship with all my friends!

Well, it's time to let hit the Publish Post button, and let all my friends know I'm saved. This is a big step for me, even though it isn't really that big a deal to tell everyone. Well, here it goes. *squeezes eyes shut* *takes deep breath* *pushes button*

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That is so totally awesome Katie!! <3 I'm happy for you :-)

And that must be very cool to have older sisters to have big discussions like that with. Sometimes I wish I had an older sibling....ah well. This was how it was meant to be though, so I'm cool with it. That's what older friends are for, I guess.

Katie said...

deffinetly. I have always wanted a older brother, but my cousin basically is a older brother to me. Friends do well with that also.

Sarah said...

That is very cool :) I love friends like that! Jacob and Lucy are like that for me.


Oh btw, I just made a new post.