Wednesday, February 20, 2008

White Pass

This year for my birthday I wanted to do something really new. I asked Mom and Dad to take me skiing. It was one of the happiest times of my life. So here is an account of my birthday. 

I woke up at six on friday morning. At seven we finally left for a two and a half hour drive to White Pass. We listened to the radio for a long time. I tried to do a math lesson which failed. Finally we got there. At about 10:30 We were out on the snow with skis, ski poles, and ski boots. Mom and Dad took me up the bunny hill. It wasn't a chair lift that took us up but a paddle pull. A round disk goes between your legs and pulls you up. At the top I looked down the hill nervously. It looked a lot steeper from the top than the bottom. But Mom and Dad helped me down. I fell twice on the small bunny hill. We went up again but then went a across the top to a chair lift. It was scary getting on the chair lift but after we were on it was blissfully peaceful. I was pretty scared getting off but I made it fine. I looked down this bigger hill. it was pretty scary. 45 minuets later I was at the bottom. Then I took a class. The man was really nice and it was fun because there was only two of us.  The man was really encouraging and said I needed to work there when I was 18. He also said I was really good. After the class we had lunch. The next 3 hours were spent doing 11 slopes. It was really really fun and not a day passes that I do not wish I was on a ski slope. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool Katie! You are much braver than I am to go skiing. Personally, I would much rather have a sled at the top of the mountain to slide down on. Skiing, eh. I'm too clumsy anyways.

Anonymous said...

:) It was SO fun

Katie said...

sorry the comment by eowyn was me :)